We form part of the Allianz Group of companies (the "Group"), a global financial services organisation. The Group offers a broad range of products and services. Your personal information which you provide to the Group is important to us.
Your personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The personal information collected and maintained by Allianz Retire+ generally includes your name, date of birth, gender, address, contact details and information specific to the product or service you decide to purchase from us.
We may also collect and maintain your sensitive information, to verify your identity to ensure compliance with the Australian Anti–Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing legislation. If we need this type of information, we will ask you for your permission, except where otherwise allowed by law.
For employment applications, we collect your name, address, contact details, current and past employment information, educational and professional associations. We also collect information about and proof of your residency status, the name and contact details of your referees and other information required for recruitment purposes. We seek your consent to conduct a background check. We also collect details of your proof of identity from you.
In the recruitment process, we will ask you to answer optional questions about your personal activities such as age gender, ethnic background and languages spoken. The personal (including sensitive) information is collected for the purpose of understanding diversity for internal reporting purposes within Australia profile of applicants and employees and for internal reporting purposes.
Where it is possible, we collect your personal information directly from you in person, in writing, over the telephone, by facsimile, through our online services (including our e-application) and/or by electronic messages. In some circumstances, we may also collect it from:
- your agents or representatives, for example your financial planner, your legal advisers;
- third parties who you have asked to provide your personal information to us, including your referees;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies;
- marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
- industry databases;
- publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and/or
- the general public when it is unsolicited and may be relevant to a particular policy or fraud investigation.
Unless we are required or permitted by law to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so by obtaining your consent.
If you decide to complete an online application form, any information that you enter into the online application will be retained by us even if you cancel your application prior to submitting a completed application form.
We may collect information about your visit to our website to help us measure and improve our site. Examples of information that we collect include: day and time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us, and some geographical information about what country and state you are in.
We use Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics to collect visitor information so that we can better understand how to improve our products and services for you. One of the primary methods used by this tool is the placement of cookies. Cookies are small information files that an end user's web browser places on their computer when a website is visited. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. In addition to the session cookie, Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We also use other external companies for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
We retain the content and associated data of any email that you send to us if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by our employees for security issues, including where email abuse is suspected; our response to you may also be monitored for quality assurance issues.
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purposes of providing our products and services and managing our business. This may include:
- providing our products and services;
- marketing our products and services and those of our related companies;
- conducting customer research and analytics in relation to our products and services, and improving our products and services;
- handling complaints and disputes;
- training our employees;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraud; and/or
- identifying and contacting individuals who do business with us;
- assessing and processing employment applications
- confirming your identity;
- assessing your application for a product or service;
- contacting you, for example, when we need to tell you something important;
- improving our service to you and your experience with us;
- complying with laws and to assist government or law enforcement agencies.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to advise you about or offer you other products or services that may be relevant and of interest to you. To do this, we may contact you by:
- social media;
- advertising through our apps, websites or third party websites;
Personal information you or an associated party have provided us will be held on file for marketing purposes until you opt out of receiving such information. If you do not want to receive these offers from us, please call the customer service line in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this policy.
In some instances, we may disclose your personal information (but not sensitive information) to others we have business arrangements with to enable them to offer their products and services to you.
We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
Who do we disclose your personal information to and why?
We may disclose your personal information to others for the purposes specified in the section above. This may include disclosure to:
- our related companies;
- our distributors and agents;
- your nominated adviser;
- your nominated beneficiaries
- government, law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory, regulatory or enforcement bodies and agencies;
- external data collection and verification agencies;
- our advisers (including legal, actuarial and accounting advisers) and service providers, including marketing organisations and debt collecting agents;
- your employer;
- the agent and contractor of any of the third parties above; and/or
- other parties as required by law.
We may also disclose your personal information (but not sensitive information) to others we have business arrangements with to enable them to offer their products and services to you.
We will not disclose your sensitive information for any purpose, other than the purpose for which it was collected, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you otherwise consent.
In some instances, your personal information may be disclosed to other companies in the Allianz Group, business partners and service providers (including providers of our administration services) that may be located overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time, but may include Canada, Germany, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America and other countries where the Allianz Group has a presence (a list of which is available on the Allianz Group website) or engages subcontractors.
We regularly review the security of our systems used for sending personal information overseas. Any information disclosed may only be used for the purposes of collection detailed previously and for system administration.
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings (used for training and verification purposes).
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties and information collected for different products and services.
We may include links to external sites that we consider contain content relevant to the information that you were seeking from us. Where these links occur, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the content, the privacy or security of those sites or your reliance on any information contained within any such site.
Allianz Retire+ aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant.
If you would like to seek access to, opt out or revise, update or correct your personal information, or feel that the information we currently have on record is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the following contact details: 1300 372 136 between 8:30am to 5:30pm AET or write to us at GPO Box 4181 Sydney, NSW 2001.
If you have a concern or complaint about your privacy, or you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint by contacting us on the above contact details or in writing to:
Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited
GPO Box 4181
Sydney NSW 2001
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint or with the way that Allianz Retire+ has handled your complaint , you may be able to refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992